Chicken nuggets are the first food I think of when asked which dish to cook for kids. In fact, I suspect 99.9% of kids love it.
Maybe the recipe for homemade chicken nuggets could compete with cheese fingers in front of the children’s audience, or against pancakes or a certain type of sandwich. But boy, my instinct tells me that it is very good to take advantage of a recipe that makes them eat more meat, and less carbohydrates or fat.
HOW TO MAKE CHICKEN NUGGETS
Now the challenge is to make homemade nuggets more tempting than those from fast food. No marketing, drawings, toys or mini-cardboard boxes. Here the priority will be the flavor, keeping the dish well nutritious, and at the same time being a quick and easy recipe.
Homemade chicken nuggets step by step
- 1/2 kilo of chicken breasts.
- 3 tablespoons of milk.
- 2 eggs
- Three slices of box bread.
- ½ cup of breadcrumbs or crumbs.
- 4 tablespoons of wheat flour.
- 150 grams of cream cheese.
- Neutral flavored canola, corn or sunflower oil.
- A teaspoon of garlic powder
- Ground black or white pepper .
I recommend eating them with our delicious homemade sweet and sour sauce recipe . For me it is the best sauce for nuggets. The combination is irresistible.
The other ideal sauce known to all is barbecue sauce .
BAKED CHICKEN NUGGETS RECIPE
We just saw how to make fried chicken nuggets, but if you are not a big fan of fat or frying, you can try preparing the nuggets in the oven. The base of the recipe is the same, but you have to preheat the oven to 180 degrees when starting the preparation of the pasta. Once the chicken pasta balls are formed and coated, they are arranged on a tray covered with waxed cooking paper, and they go to the oven for 15 minutes.
This way of making the chicken nuggets recipe is healthier. On the other hand, the consistency of the dish can be a bit softer and the result can be less juicy, drier. Either way, the baked nuggets are also very tasty, and the addition of cream cheese to the pasta allows you to maintain enough hydration in the recipe.
Tips for your homemade chicken nuggets
- I have just come to explain how the original recipe chicken nuggets are made, but the truth is that the base pasta lends itself to many manipulations to suit everyone. The trend of adding flavorings to the mix has become very popular. If you are a cheese lover, you can add about 50 or 60 grams of grated Parmesan. You can also try adding minced herbs to the pasta of the nuggets, or pieces of vegetables.
- For a different texture, instead of processing the chicken into a paste, it can be cut into small pieces and added to the mix. The result is nuggets stuffed with pieces. This is up to everyone’s taste.
- The shape of the nuggets does not necessarily have to be balls. This makes the floured part easier, but they can also be done in a more flattened, business-style shape.