Falafel is one of the best know n Arabic dishes in the rest of the planet. In the countries of the Arab world, falafels can be easily obtained as street food or also as homemade food. However, if we can’t go that far, today we will learn how to make the falafel recipe at home, and make it just as tasty.
TRADITIONAL FALAFEL RECIPE, EASY AND HEALTHY
Chickpeas should be soaked overnight before cooking.
Take into account that the preparation and cooking time indicated in the recipe does not include the resting time of the chickpea paste, nor the aforementioned soaking time of the grains, before starting the whole process.
TRADITIONAL FALAFEL, easy recipe
- 1/4 of kilo of chickpeas soaked overnight
- 1 white or purple onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 15 fresh coriander leaves
- 10 fresh parsley leaves
- 1 tablespoon sesame or sesame seeds
- Salt to taste
- Pepper powder to taste
- Ground cumin to taste
- Vegetable oil
Bit by bit elaboration
- We will begin by depleting the chickpeas that are as of now splashed well indeed. At that point, we will wash them with a lot of cold water. I as a rule place them in a huge colander and drench them under running virus water. Remember that the drier the chickpeas are subsequent to depleting, the better the consistency of the pasta for falafels.
- To proceed, we will strip and slash the onion into 4 or 5 pieces. We will likewise deal with the parsley and cilantro. will wash its leaves well lastly, we will strip the garlic clove.
- We will place every one of these vegetables in a food processor, including the chickpeas, just as some water and the sesame seeds. At that point we will prepare with a teaspoon of cumin powder, and a similar proportion of ground pepper and salt.
- We will deal with every one of these fixings until we get a sort of homogeneous glue. When prepared, it is advantageous to allow it to rest, with the goal that it settles and takes more consistency. Preferably, leave it on for several hours, however in case you’re in a surge, sliced this opportunity to 30 minutes.
- After the pasta has been resting time, structure little, somewhat smoothed balls with your hands, until all the planning is utilized.
- Warmth a griddle with a lot of oil and fry every falafel, on the two sides. At the point when every one is seared and cooked, eliminate it from the skillet with a wringer spatula and let it lay on a plate secured with a sheet of retentive paper, to assimilate the overabundance fat.That is it.
The falafels are currently prepared to eat.
Falafel is a delicious vegetarian dish, very easy to prepare. What we like the most about it is that it is made from a cooked chickpea paste, which contains a lot of fiber and vegetable proteins. To flavor the chickpeas, we will mix them with spices.
Recently, falafel recipes have been created from other types of grains. However, today we have stayed with the traditional preparation, used to cook falafels from chickpeas.
HOW TO SERVE THE FALAFELS?
The falafel can be consumed on its own, accompanied by sauces such as hummus , an aubergine cream or simply a yogurt sauce . To serve a complete dish, they can also be accompanied by a taboule or couscous salad .
You can also serve it with pita bread and with chopped lettuce and tomatoes.
TIPS FOR PREPARING THE TRADITIONAL FALAFEL RECIPE
- If you want to add a touch of spice to your falafel, you can add half a teaspoon of cayenne pepper powder, at the time of seasoning the chickpea paste, before grinding the ingredients in the food processor.
- To give your falafels better consistency and more volume, you can add a teaspoon of baking powder (or baking soda) to the mixture to make this dish.
- If the soaked chickpeas are well drained before making the falafel paste, in principle we should not have consistency problems to shape it. However, if the dough does not hold the shape of balls, or if they fall apart when you cook them in the oil, you can help yourself with a simple trick. Place a layer of wheat flour (if you can find chickpea flour, the result will be much better) on a flat plate, and coat each falafel. You can also use breadcrumbs.