This Baked Lamb Chops Recipe is already making me want to eat, and I haven’t even started writing or cooking.
From my point of view, baked lamb chops are one of the best examples of a dish to share. I enjoy serving a large plate of lamb chops in the center of the table, and each one having the quantity they want to eat. For me, this is the best way to share a good and abundant meal with many friends or family.
BAKED LAMB CHOPS RECIPE
If they have the possibility to get suckling lamb chops, they will be able to cook the best possible version of this dish, with a much more tender meat.
How to make baked lamb chops
- 600 grams of lamb chops
- 2 dientes de ajo
- 1 white onion
- 2 large potatoes
- 1 glass of dry white wine or red wine
- Vegetable oil
- Fresh rosemary to taste
- Oregano powder to taste
- 2 sprigs of fresh parsley
- Salt to taste
- Pepper powder to taste
We will start by preheating the oven to 200 degrees Celsius. Then, we are going to peel the garlic cloves and chop them very finely.
In the case of the onion, we are going to peel it and cut it into slices or squares. I prefer to do it the first way. After cutting the wheels, we will separate the inner circles to obtain some rings.
Now we will deal with the potatoes. We are going to peel them and cut them into wedges.
We will likewise set up the parsley to utilize it. will wash it well indeed, channel it and mince the leaves.
To continue, we are going to need a good size oven safe container. It can be a Pyrex-type container or a casserole resistant to high temperatures. Here we will pour a good jet of oil and add the minced garlic. We will also add a small teaspoon of oregano and another of sprigs of rosemary. We will mix well.
You may see: HOW TO MAKE CHEEKS IN SAUCE STEP BY STE
Then, we will transfer the chops to the oven container, and we will rub them on both sides to cover them with the prepared oil. Later we will do the same with the potato pieces. If they wish, they can be helped with a brush or kitchen brush, to grease the chops and vegetables well.
Finally, we will season the chops and potatoes.
Then, we are going to pour the wine over all the ingredients.
The next thing is to take the container with the chops to the preheated oven, and let it cook for half an hour. Halfway through that time, we’ll return to the oven to flip the chops and potatoes, and drizzle everything with the cooking juice.
After half an hour in the oven, take out the lamb chops and serve immediately.
TIPS FOR PREPARING BAKED LAMB CHOPS
- Choose the vegetable oil that you will use depending on the flavor you want to give the dish. For a discreet oil that doesn’t affect the taste of the other ingredients, use a neutral oil, such as corn, sunflower, or canola. If you are a lover of the taste of olives, then choose an olive oil.
- Something similar happens with wine as with oil. Choose the type of wine according to the final flavor you want to achieve. A dry white wine will produce a relatively more delicate result, while red wine is more linked to red meats, to the flavors of the land, and will lead you to a more rustic dish. Personally, I prefer the latter.
- If you can get fresh rosemary to prepare this recipe, you will inject a lot of flavor into the dish.
- If you like cumin, you can add a small teaspoon of ground cumin to the preparation. You can also incorporate other ingredients such as thyme, or a good handful of pine nuts.
We have other lamb recipes that you can prepare at home, including a delicious home- mexican tacos with vegetables, very delicious.